Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Release Date: 01/29/08
Genre: Indie Rock

Thank you NPR for introducing this band to me.

Review: Overrated comes to mind. I bet this band will be one of those overrated bands by the end of the year, but as of now, I really enjoy this album for some reason. The music is a bit different. It's raggae in some areas, maybe a feel of the Caribbeans. Like it's beach music, but not for surfing.

The first track is the start of 11 amazing tracks. Yeah, but it's a short album so nothing gets old. Each song is different enough to tell them apart even at the first listen. My favorite track goes to "M79," for it's use of the violin giving it a unique feel.

Summary: I've been listening to this album for the past month thinking it was just my flavor of the month, but I haven't got sick of them yet. As of now, they are my album of the year.

Key Tracks: Oxford Comma, M79, Campus
Rating: 8/10

No comments: