Saturday, May 03, 2008

Kyte - Kyte

Release Date: 0?/??/08
Genre: Shoegaze, Post-Rock

Review: My reaction after the first track, "wow." The vocals in the band are magic. Yeah, it's created with an effect, but it's still pretty cool. More of the same in the second track. More of the same in the third track.

To my understanding, the album is self-released. I'm curious to hear what they sound like if the vocals were gone. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but as the album unfolds, they start to take away from the great ambient/instrumentations sounds. I don't want them to be forever gone, but maybe tone down. Or have them be more spontaneous because the airy effect is making him sound dull as i get to the second half of the album and the voice hasn't got a soul, still feels like a robot.

Summary: Great music, but starts to run dry near the end.

Key Tracks: Planet, Boundaries, Secular Ventures
Rating: 7/10

No comments: