Monday, June 09, 2008

1997 - On the Run

Release Date: 05/27/08
Genre: Pop Punk

New album already? I knew from researching them last year that their lead female, Kerri Mack left and that bugged me because she was my favorite part. There's something about the majority of pop-punk bands with male vocalist that throw me off. They just sounds gay. So yeah.

Review: So let's get it out of the way. The new female vocalist isn't what I had in mind. I don't know if it's her, or maybe the music here just isn't that interesting anymore. She just feels out of place. I can sense that the band isn't going for the catchy tunes anymore. There's more of a 'standard' sound to them now. I feel bad for saying this because I'm not too familiar with these bands, but the album reminds me of The Starting Line or The Early November.

Summary: Maybe it's not my type, or maybe there's just nothing catchy this time around. O well. I Tried. Album really bored me. I'll still give their next album a listen.

Key Tracks: 4 A.M. Conversation, Winds Of Change
Rating: 3/10

No comments: