Monday, June 30, 2008

Q2 '08: Top Albums/Songs

Pretty good year so far. My External Hard Drive died so i lost all my music. not sure what to do now. Anyways, here is my half year point. I'm certain my top 2 will be there to the end.

Songs:
1. The Cast Before The Break - Understanding the Universe
2. Maybeshewill - He Films The Clouds Pt. 2
3. The National - Santa Clara

Albums:
20. The Accidental - There Were Wolves (june 4)
19. The Ghost Orchid - The Ghost Orchid (may?)
18. The Weepies - Hideaway (april 22)
17. Jakob Dylan - Seeing Things (June 10)
16. Aimee Mann - @#%&*! Smilers (june 3)
15. Dr. Dog - Fate (july 22)
14. YUI - I LOVED YESTERDAY (april 9)
13. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes (june 3)
12. Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster (april 1)
11. Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold (April 22)

10. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend (january 29)
It's still a solid album the whole way through.

9. Silver Jews - Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea (june 17)
I like every song so it's still here.

8. Cloud Cult - Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes) (april 8)
This album is starting to die on me, but i guess it depends on my mood.

7. Maybeshewill - Not For Want Of Trying (May 12)
Probably the best instrumentally driven album of the year.

6. Tamas Wells - Two Years In April (May)
He has good melodies and it's weird how he's not even known in America.

5. Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness (March?)
My first listen to the album was like being on some spiritual journey.

4. The Cast Before The Break - As Your Shoulders Turn On You (March)
The lyrics still resonate in my mind for hours.

3. Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (June 24)
After the exciment died down, the album isn't a 10/10, but it's still good music.

2. Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight (April 15)
Every song rules.

1. Girl Talk - Feed The Animals (June 19)
Mashup perfection.

Looking Forward to:
1. Michelle Branch - Everything Comes and Goes (soon?)
2. Okkervil River - The Stand Ins (September 9)
3. Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger (september?)
4. Moneen - tba (late 2008?)
5. Meg and Dia - Here, Here, Here (september?)