Monday, September 22, 2008

TV on the Radio - Dear Science,

Release Date: 09/23/08
Genre: Post-punk revival

There's an episode of The 4400 where one of the P-positives said , "TV on the Radio, best band ever" and I just went, "no they aren't." I really tried too, but I just couldn't get into them. "Wolf Like Me" was basically it and they weren't boring, I just thought their sound was too dense.

Review: So in a quick word, this album is...easier. Not the music, but for the listener. Like the first tune appealed to my tribal folk side with his "ba-ba-bababa" and minor clapping. "Crying" has this groovy beat in the background. The Falsetto singing is really well done. "Dancing Choose" is awesome. Fast vocals and good instruments. I don't really care what the song is about, it just sounds fun.

"Stork and Owl" has such good background music. "Golden Age" is their first single and it's a cool song, but I think it's a bit too pop for me. "Family Tree" has such a familiar melody that I know I've heard before, but can't quite name it. Did it come from that Enchanted move? But whatever, it's a really good song and the strings really bring it to its own.

"Red Dress" is very different from everything so far. I probably wouldn't like it if this was by itself, but it gives the album a change of pace so I do like it. Just not my favorite. It's like his words are slurred. "Love Dog" is a slower one.

The final 3 tracks just kicked my ass.

Summary: From start to finish, this is a really sick album.

Key Tracks: Dancing Choose, Shout Me Out, Lover's Day
Rating: 8/10

No comments: