Saturday, April 02, 2011

Explosions in the Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

Release Date: 4/26/11
Genre: Post-Rock

Review: If I ever made you a mix-CD between '05-'08, I probably used Explosions in the Sky's music as my secret weapons.  Yeah, these guys are climatic.  Lots of bands come and go within the genre of instrumental rock and the comparisons are noticeable.  On their 6th album, the band delivers on what they are known for.  I almost feel guilty criticizing them because it still sounds like an EitS album.  Considering that I'm very familiar with their catalog and once considered them to be untouchable, Take Care x3 doesn't provide an addition to their music.  What I loved about them was how they can transcribe emotions without words, but this album left me feeling uninspired.  Or maybe I've changed.

Favorite Songs: Last Known Surroundings, Postcard From 1952
Rating: 5.6/10

No comments: