Friday, October 27, 2023

Mitski - The Land Is Inhospitable and So Are We

Release DateSeptember 15, 2023

maybe i need to be on tiktok

ReviewMitski has a certain singing style that I still haven't warmed up to yet. I know the first song started out okay, but I though the album was pretty boring with not a lot of memorable hooks. Until "My Love Mine All Mine" and "The Frost," it started to sound good. The later parts of the album, I felt like I gained something. I was hoping on a re-listen, I would find something, but yeah, it's still on the boring side. Like there's strings in the songs, but I heard them before. Maybe if I loved her voice, I would catch what her words mean, but I feel like I'm listening to someone be deep for the sake of being deep.

SummaryIt's rare, but i feel like the backend is stronger than the first.

Favorite Songs: My Love Mine All Mine, The Frost, I'm Your Man
Rating: 7/10

No comments: