Thursday, September 13, 2007

James Blunt - All The Lost Souls

Release Date: 09/18/07
Genre: Pop Rock

I liked him, but "You're Beautiful" got way overplayed, so I stopped listening to him. I beleive that he was talented, even thought his voice was something I needed to get used to.

Review: I wasn't sure what to expect, but the first track, "1973" is a nice piano melody song. It's friendly pop. Then it stays that way, except the songs don't feel complete. It lacks something like an '100%' button. I hear the same phases repeat over and over towards the end when it should had some more zesty sauce.

"Carry You Home" is more of the goodness that I enjoyed in "Back to Bedlam." The music arrangement might be standard, but it sounds good. The lyrics are cool and his vocals are passionate. "I'm watching you breathing for the last time."

"I Really Want You" is a really interesting song. James talks faster than usually and he really wants you. Could have been great if there was a powerful ending but it just sort of disappears. "Shine On" suffers the same problem. the music was perfect for him to sing loudly 'shine on, just shine on' but instead, he uses the same tone he always uses. Then in the next song, "Annie" he changes his volume of his voice and that just pisses me off that he doesn't use it for the bridges of any of his songs.

Just when I was going to end my review, the last track happens to be the best. "I Can't Hear The Music" has the thing I love the most, and that's a good climaxing bridge. too bad the rest of the CD is lacking energy.

Summary: It's an okay listen, but nothing strong here.

Key Tracks: Carry You Home, I Can't Hear The Music
Rating: 4/10

No comments: