Saturday, July 05, 2008

Black Kids - Partie Traumatic

Release Date: 07/22/08
Genre: Indie Pop

I heard one song, "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You," and that was enough for me to look forward to the debut album. I know they have an EP out since last year, but I didn't really care. Plus, the ep songs make it to the album anyways.

Review: So in a overall tone, it's a passable album, or maybe my taste in indie pop is more lenient towards females. The majority of the album just didn't do anything for me. Like the opener is really good. Then the next 3 tracks, although barely above good, feel really incomplete because honesty, they have the right ideas, but it just becomes repetitive and boring. It needs a better ending to give it some solidness. I've heard "Hurricane Jane" on their myspace and I didn't like it, I still don't.

Before I was about to give the album a downer, Track 5's Belle and Sebastian-like really impressed me. bad comparison i know, but whatever, i just like his charm here. Then "I've Underestimated My Charm (Again)" is finally a different song. It's my favorite song on the album, although it was on the EP, it's new to me. The switch up halfway makes it memorable, but it sucks that it fades instead of ending. Then the song that I already heard is next. Still good in my book.

"Love Me Already" is like a mix of the previous two songs. The verses are heartful, yet the chorus is catchy and chanting. A strong song.

"I Wanna Be Your Limousine" sounds like a filler track. Fun, sure, but to me, it just comes and goes. The last track is actually good, but not fitting for an ending track.

Summary: So I've turned my opinion on the album on both sides. So I waited to see where lied and I've come to the conclusion that it's a fun album, but it gets tiresome after awhile.

Key Tracks: I've Underestimated My Charm (Again), I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You, Love Me Already
Rating: 6/10

No comments: