Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday RockPaperCity

Hello blog of mine. What a horrible review site. Most of the stuff you review has already been reviewed. Why can't you be like other music blogs and just post a link to the album. O well, nobody actually said that. At least I hope not. My review blog isn't meant to be a creditable sources anyways. I didn't plan on my 100th review milestone to be so close with my blog's birthday. now i don't have anything to reflect on. I suppose this all started when I felt like I was cursing music. Whenever I like someone, their music doesn't take off. If I don't talk about them, they become massive stars. Like I've heard of Muse back in '03 and now they are overrated as fuck. So on my myspace blog, I had a list of every single band I ever heard of and then I wrote a short comment. That was it, but i had time issues in keeping it updated.

When I figured out how to download music without relying on torrents, I had the idea of starting a music blog, but I just never did it. Call me chicken, but I didn't want to get shut down and lose all my lame entries. I used to get a huge kick out of emailing someone and music is already a huge part of my life. But where would i do it? Screw Xanga. Livejournal looks plain. Blogger seemed to be up and coming and so i joined on a day I could remember, June 19. The day lifehouse's new album came out and it was suppose to be my first album to review, but it sucked too much. Eventually I finally wrote one for Darren Hayes. I think the dumbest thing I did was added a song of the week catagory. Now that has to be a joke. I wish I could be faster with my reviews. 100 in one year is lame. I never adapted the Billboard/Rolling Stones style of reviewing and if i did, i know i can do 1 album a day. But their reviews don't really tell me much unless I already know it. Anyways, if my external didn't die, i would have made a list of my favorite albums of all times and so every year, i would update it and see it change. Even though I listen to so many things, I always look at my list and go "wow, that's shit." lol.

All Time Favorites in no order.

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals
Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight
Moving Mountains - Pneuma
Yndi Halda -Enjoy Eternal Bliss
Hammock - Raising Your Voice... Trying to Stop an Echo
.sgt - Perception of Causality
Lifehouse - No Name Face
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
Michelle Branch - Hotel Paper
Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun
Sigur Rós - Takk...
The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sounds
The National - Alligator
The National - Boxer
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
Sun Kill Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Vienna Teng - Waking Hour
The Wallflowers - Red Letter Days
Savage Garden - Affirmation
The Boy Least Likely To - The Best Party Ever
Immanu El - They'll Come, They Come
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman
ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits
Queen - A Night at the Opera
The Last of the Mohicans

No comments: