Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours

Release Date: 04/08/08
Genre: Electronica

Sometimes I'll listen to an album before bed and I'll fall asleep before the halfway mark. So I never got past the first 6 tracks on this album. It's a shame really. lol.

Review: I'm not a huge fan of the genre so taking it all in was tough. "Feel the Love" and "Out There On the Ice" are really easy on the ears, but I didn't know what to make of them. Then "Lights and Music" is a really catchy and superbly paced song. The bass is so killer.

"Unforgettable Season" is a really good song as well with its pop tune. I like "So Haunted" for it's swirling noises and ding ding ding sounds.

By the end of it, I just felt it was a repeat of the past songs, but less memorable. track 8 to 13 does nothing for me. "Nobody Lost, Nobody Found" is cool. I think it's because the first half sounded very fresh and the second half suffered because i'm not there yet. Meaning, my taste hasn't reach that level yet. I can still tolarate it, but i usually stop after track 7.

Summary: Swirling

Key Tracks: Lights and Music, Unforgettable Season, So Haunted
Rating: 7/10

No comments: