Thursday, May 06, 2010

Jason Derülo - Jason Derülo

Release Date: 03/02/10
Genre: Dance-pop, R&B

9 hits, 1 album. I first heard of this guy while browsing the billboard charts late last year and "Whatcha Say" was number 1 so I just HAD to know what else could he do.

Review: A while back, Jason was on America Idol and when asked about the performance, Simon said, "well done." I don't know why, but I almost riot'd. There's way too much auto-tuned here to connect on a human level and I really can't tell if he can sing. Because it's only 9 tracks, I found myself able to swing through the entire album with ease. I can hear any of theses songs being played on the radio. So why the low score? Even thought I can sit through it, it's a very disposable pop album.

Tracklist/Scorecard:
1. Whatcha Say 8/10
2. Ridin' Solo 2/10
3. In My Head 8/10
4. The Sky's the Limit 6/10
5. What If 4/10
6. Love Hangover 7/10
7. Encore 5/10
8. Fallen 5/10
9. Blind 3/10

Summary: I'll be your teacher I'll show you the ropes.

Key Tracks: Whatcha Say, In My Head, Love Hangover
Rating: 5.3/10

No comments: