Thursday, January 13, 2011

Long Story Short - What A Scene

Release Date: 12/21/10 (digitally)
Genre:  Alternative Rock

there will be a sunrise

Usually unsigned bands make an EP first or play live shows, but these guys have enough in them to make a full proper release.  It's not perfect, and although I prefer some tracks over another, I can't fault them for it. It's a very respectable debut album in that regards, but the band does stick with familiar formulas and niche genre cliche.  Still, I keep coming back to this album because the album feels true, down to earth and the lyrics aren't blown out of proportion. They aren't trying to impress anyone.  They feel real.  I know I could say that about any album and ultimately, the gray area between imitation and making references is up to the listener, all I can really say is that Long Story Short makes me believe.

Favorite SongsSummer Nights, What Mattered Most, Forever
Rating: 8.0/10

No comments: