Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun

Release Date: 06/12/99
Genre: Sigur Rós

My Story: I started with ( ), moved onto takk..., then came around to Ágætis Byrjun.  I remember having a harder time getting into this album since they were younger and ( ) was easy because the themes were easier to identify.  takk... was more pop so the melodies sunk in.  Since I had a friend who claimed to be a fan, i wanted to make sure i knew the band's work so i wouldn't look foolish so i forced myself to listen to album to and from school.  The song that hooked me was "Flugufrelsarinn" because of the way it is sung.  With more listens, the album just made more sense with the risk it took.  It doesn't sound dated either. 

Favorite Songs: Starálfur, Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása, Olsen Olsen
Rating: 10/10

No comments: