Sunday, October 29, 2023

Lana Del Rey - did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd

Release DateMarch 24th, 2023

When you know, you know

ReviewLana Del Rey sounds like Lana Del Rey, right? so when the singles were release, I didn't think much of it beyond that it'll be on par with her other records. Even though the singles didn't excite me, it's still amazes me how the music can be basic, but her vocals has its own melody. 

The opening track is really good, but I credit that more to the choir than Lana's. The "Shimmy, Shimmy, Ko-Ko-Bop" part on "A&W" was a little weird, I wish the song had just ended, but it also felt like a flex that she can do whatever the hell she wants.

The turning point for me was when I heard the "Judah Smith interlude." like, what the heck is this? but those pastors know how to speak and it was really interesting. Then "Candy Necklace," I felt like I was transported into another world. "Kintsugi" is beautiful. it's so minimum, but her voice leads the way. "Paris, Texas" has this ballet quality to it that makes it delicate. it's very pretty. Then there's "Margaret" that is super sweet. I would say "Peppers" is the only weird one on this album. "Hands on your knees angelina jolie."

Summaryfor 70 plus minutes, I was entranced.

Favorite Songs: The Grants, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas, Margaret
Rating: 9/10

No comments: