Saturday, October 28, 2023

Itzy - Kill My Doubt

Release DateJuly 31st, 2023

Back when I only listened to a handful of kpop groups, I thought Itzy would be one of the ones I stick to til the end, but it's been rough. I don't remember if I listened to Cheshire, but I miss their sound for Icy and Wannabe.

ReviewAnyways, I like "Bet On Me." it has a running pulse to it. It's almost like a rallying cry that makes me emotional. But the actual title track, "Cake" is the type of kpop that i hated when i tried to get into kpop. It goes all over the place and the chorus is just them repeating the word. iono, it worked in the past, but I always hated that. "None of my Business" is chill. A bit of a nothing song, but very agreeable. "Bratty" kind of sucks. "Psychic Lover" reminds me of red velvet's "Psycho." It's fine. It ends with "Kill Shot" which I didn't like. I guess I'm suppose to be impressed that it sounds like the Tron soundtrack.

SummaryNow that I stopped watching their variety content, I feel disconnected to their music. I want to cheer for them, but the music is not working with me.

Favorite Songs: Bet On Me
Rating: 6/10

No comments: