Saturday, October 28, 2023

Yeule - softscars

Release DateSeptember 22nd, 2023

a lot of genres mixed.

ReviewTheir album from 2022 was on my radar, but I never gave it a deep dive, but i remember it being glitchy (pun intended). This album, I'll be honest, during the lead up, I dismissed the singles and hoped it would go away. But here I am, browsing through music sites and decided to gave it a shot. 

I think what stood out to me was how much they sounded like Beabadoobee when they sing like its in their bedroom. And there's glitchy stuff too, some of it reminds me of the sweetness of porter robinson. But there's also hints of 90's alternative which kind of sucks. There's nothing here that is sugary pop, but i can hear the cutey electronic in the songs when it's trying to be shoegaze, so it makes me happy.

Summary:  Takes a bit to accept it for what it is. They could have passed going the bedroom pop route but the mix of genres keeps it interesting.

Favorite Songs:  softscars, fish in the pool, inferno, bloodbunny
Rating: 8/10

No comments: