Friday, October 26, 2007

1990s - Cookies

Release Date: 05/14/07
Genre: Indie Rock

I like cookies. This album is not a cookie.

Review: I don't need to pay attention to this band. From the opening, "You Made Me Like It," there's that typical sound in European garage rock bands. I don't really have an attachment to it, but it's not dry. For the most part, the album is joyous and anti-shy matters.

What does that even mean? It's music that won't piss anyone off as long as they don't try to focus on it. The album runs at 35 minutes. The ones that actually have a decent amount of time (3:00+) are more developed and feel complete. The best song, "Risque Pictures" is barely 3 minutes long and I'm trying to explain why, but I don't have a good reason other than I like it. The melody of it is more friendly I suppose and it's not as energetic so it's easier to follow.

There's two slow-paced songs, "Arcade Precinct" and "Weed" that are very okay. But the album works as a whole and maintains the same throughout. The vocals aren't specials. I was never a fan of his type of singing style so maybe it's just me.

Summary: I really liked the first two songs, and then I got bored. I am casually listening, but I don't think that's the problem. I just think it's an album on an angle that stays at the same angle.

Key Tracks: You Made Me Like It, Risque Pictures
Rating: 3/10

No comments: