Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness

Release Date: 01/24/08
Genre: Heavy Shoegaze

This album kept getting its name dropped whenever a topic is made of "best album of the year so far?" It's hard cuz genre wise, hard to classify. I'm glad I gave it a listen. Holy shit man, holy shit.

Review: Alrighty, this is gonna sound pretentious, but I have no idea how to 'review' this album. Song based, it's alright, but only within the content of the album. I got lucky and was able to be suckered in within my first listen so i got to experiences the album for the entire 85 minutes without taking a break.

A lot of it is dark. Vocals don't matter, but it fits so well to give the songs more texture. The crazy tunnel sound echos so powerful. I sometimes find myself not caring about the album and the album just naturally becomes my thinking voice. It just creeps on me.

The first half was more soundscape like, the second half of the album is more angry. "The Future" is intense music. Just hear those strings. Scary.

Summary: One listen to this is an experience in itself. Casual fans might not be able to sit through it, but any fan of music should give it a listen.

Key Tracks:Bloodhail, Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000,
Rating: 8/10

No comments: