Saturday, August 30, 2008

High Places - High Places

Release Date: 09/30/08
Genre: Folktronica

For some reason, I was expecting this to be another chillout album.

Review: The album feels very homemade and the vocals are very butterfly like. Very airy and sensual. It almost doesn't belong together. I can hear a bit of freak folk and tribal music. This is my first album of them that I've listened to so maybe they lost their energy. I just feel that most of the songs on the album are the same and nothing stands out too strong. I do however enjoy the organic and strange sounds they created, but that's just me. I wish the tempo range would be greater because my mind gets bored with the same pacing.

Summary: Strange spaceout album.

Key Tracks: Vision's The First..., From Stardust to Sentience
Rating: 6/10

No comments: