Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bloc Party - Intimacy

Release Date: 08/21/08
Genre: Post-Punk, Indie Rock

Hurray, I can finally rip apart this band. Call me a idiot, but Silent Alarm did nothing for me and neither did A Weekend in the City (although mainly disliked it as well), and with this album, I wanted this to be the savior of 2008. Hopefully no Bloc Party fans will read this, but even in this slow year, this album is just.....

Review: Very very okay. The vocals are not really kind to the ears, so I really need to grasp onto something musically simulating. The three ballads, "Biko," "Signs," and "Zepherus" are really mellow and I think he sounds good. "Halo" and "Trojan Horse" has a good friendly rock sound. For the most part, it's a bunch of songs that are soft and fast, loud and quiet that are really really okay. I probably won't leave the room if they were playing, but it's nothing worth listening to over again. It's not bad bad either, I just feel that it belongs in the middle.

Summary: Middle

Key Tracks: Biko, One Month Off
Rating: 5/10

No comments: