Monday, December 01, 2008

Kasai Allstars - In the 7th Moon, the Chief Turned Into a Swimming Fish and Ate the Head of His Enemy by Magic

Release Date: 07/15/08
Genre: World

This album has a score of 85 on Metacritic.

Review: But no sir, I will not kiss your ass. O how my taste feels so pop when I can't even enjoy some world music that is supposedly good. But it's hard. It's a challenge. To be fair, I like it when there's no vocals like on "Beyond The 7th Moon." I don't even know what they are using to create that song, but I find it intriguing. And although I'm a fan of western music using chanting and group singalongs, the vocals just don't do much for me and I'm sorry to say it, but this is background music as best. All the songs just mash together and there's not a lot of difference between songs. For 70 minutes too.

Summary: It's like....okay. Not my thing.

Key Track: Kafuulu Balu
Rating: 4/10

No comments: