Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fall Out Boy - Folie à Deux

Release Date: 12/16/08
Genre: Pop Punk

So there once was a girl who sent me a song called, "Grenade Jumper," and I didn't feel it, then she told me they said my name. How did I not hear my own name?

Review: So this album got really good praise before it was released. Did the record company buy good press? I don't know. I've said it before, I always look forward to popular bands releasing an album because it's fun to see how they will sound now that they have unlimited resources. So it's hard to not have any preconceive thoughts as there's lots of hate for this band. I admit that as well as I'm on the hunt for good music, I also want to hear a shitty album to make my first 1 score.

The album opens with a really great song, "Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes." I hear that riff from that "Baba O'Riley" song, but they reached all those pop elements that I don't mind it. Voice took time to get used to, but I let it slide. The second song, "I Don't Care" reminds me of some Marilyn Manson song that was played on WWE.

"She's My Winona" is catchy. "American's Suitehearts" just jingles right. "Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet" is overthetop and i love over the top songs. Ridioulous.

I wanted to bash "What A Catch, Donnie" because the mood was like "Hey Jude," but I forgave them once the song reached its conclusion.

Summary: It's catchy man. It's so catchy. They borrowed all these pop elements, turned in into fall out boy and yeah, I enjoyed this album.

Key Tracks: Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes, Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet, 27,
Rating: 7/10

No comments: