Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing

Release Date: 03/18/08
Genre: Experimental Noise

I didn't want to seem pretentious, but I really did like this album when I first heard it.

Review: It has that static noise, but for the most part, it's very very similar to the postrock style of ambient music. Things just unfold at a steady pace, sometimes louder or repeats more. The twinkle adds that guideline for your ears. Because of it's TV static quality, it's not as pleasing to sleep to as other ambient music, but I still enjoy following the notes as it swims around.

I have this weird habit while listening to music as sometimes I'll turn off the sound so I can watch something on youtube, but I'll forget to turn it back on. So I have headphones with no sound. And that whole "silence" can be filled with anything inside your head. This album is kinda like that experience. Like on track 4, "Race You to the Bedroom - Spirit Rise," hardly anything happens, yet for 9 minutes, I don't notice it playing.

"Bright Tomorrow" has more of a electric feel with drums. "Colours" has a jungle feel to it.

Summary: So it's a good record, but in my case, the replay value isn't so high. Listen to it while you're zoning out on the internet.

Key Tracks: Sweet Love for Planet Earth, Okay, Let's Talk About Magic
Rating: 7/10

No comments: