Sunday, December 05, 2010

2010: Song(s) of the Year

===============
Honorable mention: Anything from schmoyoho
===============

25. Sun Airway - Oh, Naoko
A very airy song.
"i'll be there when you call my name"

24. Taylor Swift - Back To December
I accept your apology.
"Your guard is up and I know why"

23. Yeasayer - O.N.E
jungle jam.
"Control me like you used to"

22. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round and Round
Slow disco; chorus gives chills.
"Hold on, I'm calling, calling back to the Bowl"

21. Far East Movement - Like A G6 feat. The Cataracs and Dev
Guilty pleasure 2010.
"like a blizzard"

========================================

20. Eminem - Love The Way You Lie Feat. Rihanna
summer 2010.
"When a tornado meets a volcano"

19. Hot Chip - I Feel Better
dramatic+autotuned+dance.
"I only want one night"

18. Cee Lo Green - Fuck You
Motown!
"ain't that some shit"

17. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Teen pregnancy!
"Don't ever look back"

16. Lifehouse - Wrecking Ball
Bryce!
"I gravitate to you"

========================================

15. Robyn - Dancing On My Own
Wait, she was on Gossip Girls?
"I'm right over here, why can't you see me?"

14. Delorean - Stay Close
Ride that wave!
"Get up Get up Get up Get up"

13. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
The purest love song of the year!
"If perfect is what you're searching for then just stay the same"

12. The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
Positive energy.
"When I look at you, heaven's on fire"

11. Owen Pallett - Lewis Takes Off His Shirt
Centerpiece.
"I'm never gonna give it to you"

========================================

10. Jónsi - Animal Arithmetic
Childhood.
"We should all be alive"

9. Kanye West - All Of The Lights
11 guest.
"(all of the lights, all of the lights)"

8. Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Hi Liz.
"I need the darkness, someone please cut the lights"

7. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Dreamer
He's pretty short.
"just enough dark to see how you're the light over me"

6. Sufjan Stevens - Impossible Soul
25 minutes.
"Boy we can do much more together"

========================================

5. LCD Soundsystem - All I Want
All My Friends p2.
"all I want is your pity or at least all I want are your bitter tears"

4. Joanna Newsom - In California
She plays the Harp!
"I don't belong to anyone"

3. Deerhunter - He Would Have Laughed
Last 2 minutes. =/
"Where did my friends go?"

2. The National - Conversation 16
Zombies!
"I want to believe in everything you believe"

1. Beach House - 10 Mile Stereo
I wish this song would last foreverrrr.

"It can't be gone, we're still right here"

No comments: